Compassionate Personal Injury Lawyers Getting Victims the Compensation They Deserve in Louisville, KY and Jeffersonville, IN
A catastrophic injury can leave victims and their families with devastating and life-changing physical, emotional, and financial pain. Yet even a so-called “minor” injury can still lead to significant medical expenses, lost wages, and other lasting effects.
If you or a loved one were harmed due to someone else’s negligence, the personal injury attorneys at the Karl Truman Law Office are here to fight for you. Let our experienced lawyers handle the hard work, so that you and your loved ones can focus on getting life back to normal.
When the unexpected occurs, you need someone you can trust by your side. Our legal team has aggressively defended a wide range of personal injury cases and can help you get the compensation you deserve. Call (502) 222-2222 or contact our team today to schedule your complimentary case review.
Personal Injury Attorneys Fighting for Your Rights
Since 1991, the team at Karl Truman Law Office has been holding insurance companies accountable for the injuries caused by the negligence of their policyholders.
Our experienced personal injury attorneys can confidently handle a wide variety of personal injury cases, including (but not limited to):
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Negligent supervision
- Workplace injuries
- Dog bites
- Nursing home abuse
- Dangerous drugs and defective medical devices
- Wrongful death claims
Calculating the exact value of your claim can be difficult, especially when factoring in the pain and suffering your injuries have caused you and your loved ones. At Karl Truman Law, we will work with you to gather the right evidence, accurately calculate the value of your case, and defend your rights.
If the insurance company won’t agree to a fair settlement offer, we are not afraid to stand beside you and fight for your rights in court.
We take our attorney fees out of your final settlement or verdict, and we don’t get paid if we don’t win. You never have to worry about whether you can afford the exceptional legal representation you deserve.
What to Do Before Contacting a Personal Injury Lawyer
The most important thing to do after an accident is to seek medical attention right away. Even if you don’t think your injury is serious, it’s important to be evaluated by a doctor. Often, it can take days or even weeks for symptoms to develop, especially in the event of a brain injury.
You’ll need to make sure your condition is properly diagnosed and treated in a timely manner. In addition, seeking prompt medical treatment will serve two important purposes:
- It will help you document that the injury occurred at the time of your accident, preventing the insurance company from claiming your injury occurred due to a different incident.
- If you fail to receive prompt treatment, the insurance company may claim your actions exacerbated the condition, which may prevent you from maximizing your compensation.
You should also take the following steps to help your attorney build a strong case on your behalf:
- File a police report (in the event of a motor vehicle accident) or an injury report (if the accident occurred at work or some other place of business). This report will provide an official document detailing the events of the accident.
- Exchange relevant information with others involved. If it is a vehicle accident, make sure to get the other driver’s contact information, driver’s license number, vehicle registration and insurance information. In all accidents, record the names and contact information of any witnesses who can support your version of what happened.
- Gather evidence to support your case. Take photos of the accident site and of your injuries. Jot down some notes about what happened so that you will remember the events clearly at a later date.
- Record your costs and expenses associated with the injury. This can include medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages. Also record any changes you experience to your daily life. This may include chronic pain, changes in sleep patterns, loss of appetite, or any ways your schedule has been disrupted.
- Do not sign any documents or waivers from the insurance company without speaking to an attorney. Do not admit fault to an insurance company (or anyone else for that matter). Do not accept an initial settlement offer without having an attorney review it.
Results for Our Personal Injury Clients
At Karl Truman Law, we let our results do the talking. When injury victims come to our personal injury law firm for help, we fight to keep the insurance company accountable. Our team of Louisville personal injury lawyers are ready to make sure you get the compensation you deserve—so you can focus on getting back to normal.
Avoid Common Mistakes That Wreck Personal Injury Cases
Car accidents lead to serious injuries every day. It’s hard enough for victims and their families to focus on their recovery; they shouldn’t also have to struggle to learn the finer points of personal injury law and fight back against manipulative insurance companies.
In his free book, 7 Fatal Mistakes That Could Wreck Your Auto Case, Karl provides honest legal advice without the legalese for personal injury victims. Although nothing compares to a consultation with a real lawyer, Karl’s book is a great starting point for injury victims looking to learn more about personal injury claims.
Count on the Colonel—Contact Us Today
When you need legal representation you can trust, contact the Colonel. At Karl Truman Law, we know personal injury law and are ready to fight for your rights when you need us most. If you or a loved one need legal assistance after an injury, contact our team today or call us at (502) 222-2222 to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers.
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.